Vacancy - Premises Officer
Posted on 9th November 2023
We are recruiting for a Premises Officer to join our team at St Martins House Conference Centre & St Martins Lodge.
Position: Premises Officer
Reporting to: Premises Supervisor
Hours per week: 35
Hourly rate of pay: £11.87 (£21,603.40 per annum)
Located in the heart of the historic Cathedral Quarter in Leicester City Centre, St Martins House Conference Centre is the perfect venue for meetings, conferences, weddings and events. We also offer luxury hotel accommodation at St Martins Lodge which is located directly opposite.
An opportunity has arisen to join our team as a Premises Officer working 35 hours per week. This will be a a 7 hour shift from Monday to Friday and the shift times will vary between 7.30am and 5.30pm.
Reporting to the Premises Supervisor, you will be responsible for (among other duties) the unlocking and locking of St Martins House Conference Centre, undertaking minor repairs, health and safety checks, portering and the general upkeep of the buildings and grounds.
- Undertake minor repairs and report any major defects.
- Open up the building and unset alarms; lock up and alarm the building.
- To provide security cover as required supporting staff and visitors to the premises.
- To be familiar with CCTV systems and deal with incidents as required.
- Undertake portering duties as required.
- Dispose of waste to outside containers.
- Undertake litter picking, cleaning of outside areas including paths and car parks.
- Undertake checks of boiler systems, air con systems, kitchen systems.
- Ensure safety precautions are observed. To know location of stop cocks and valves; mains gas and electricity breakers.
- To be familiar with the Building Management System and be able to edit as required.
- Comply with current Health & Safety Legislation and St Martins House Conference Centre Health & Safety Policy and report any breaches.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Relevant experience of undertaking general DIY and maintenance.
- Excellent customer service skills when dealing with customers and visitors.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to carry out heavy manual handling.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work without supervision.
This role gives you the opportunity to work at a great venue, to meet people from all walks of life and to make a real difference to someone’s day.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to Nigel Jobson, Business Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 24th November 2023.
St Martins House Conference Centre and St Martins Lodge are an equal opportunities employer.
St Martins House Conference Centre and St Martins Lodge are divisions of Leicester Diocesan Board of Finance, a Company limited by guarantee, registered in England no. 227087. Charity no. 249100
Share this post: